[Openswan Users] What does openswan/netkey by way of a default route?

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Wed Mar 10 02:58:46 EST 2010

Whit Blauvelt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone either explain or point me to what openswan/netkey
> expects/requires by way of a default route? I'm asking because my setup
> doesn't use a single, simple routing table. I have rules sending stuff
> through six different tables. Setting a default route in "main" would break
> the rest of the setup.

openswan-2.6.x doesn't need default route with netkey. But that means
you can't use %defaultroute anywhere in your config. That's only
limitation. I have multi-isp setup without default route in main table
and vpn works well.

On current version (2.6.24) you get clear warning about default route
not being detected. In case of multiple default routes pluto can't
really know which one is correct one to use.

Whole %defaultroute stuff is for simple setups, especially road warriors
with dynamic ip.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services