[Openswan Users] Re-establish tunnel after WAN outage

Frank Murray frankm at klasonline.com
Wed Mar 3 12:52:41 EST 2010

Hi,
I'm using Openswan at the mobile end of an IPSec link with a Cisco ISR at the gateway. The transport link is GSM so from time to time the link goes down and then returns. I'm using DPD to detect that the gateway is no longer present and this give me the option to place the sa in 'hold' mode or to clear the 'sa'.

These options make sense if Openswan is at the gateway end but as the mobile end I'd prefer that Openswan detected the peer was unavailable and then tried to re-establish the tunnel.

Is this possible?

Frank