[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.6.26 + mast +saref + xl2pd

jww at ILSTechnology.com jww at ILSTechnology.com
Tue Jun 22 15:32:14 EDT 2010

This is my first post on this, so please excuse if I do it incorrectly.
I am attempting to reach the fellow in the June archives at
http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2010-June/018896.html

I had the identical problem with Centos 5.5 and so downloaded Openswan
2.6.27 source code.
It compiled programs and then I got the error here.
I then merely removed the line 2035 in ipsec_xmit.c and then was able to
rebuild the module ipsec.ko.
Also built the programs.

Now Centos 5.5 only includes from it's repository openswan 2.6.21.
Can I safely use that openswan 2.6.21, or do I need to deploy the binaries
from my 2.6.27 openswan build into my Centos 5.5.
My experience tells me I should match the 2.6.27 binaries with the new
2.6.27 ipsec.ko.

I know, I know, I don't need ipsec.ko becuz is is provided now by openswan.
We have a legacy application that used ipsec.ko for some reason, and the
original developers are not around.

Thanks,

Jim