[Openswan Users] Upgrading Fedora RPM installations with .tag.gz source files

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Mon Jun 14 11:02:06 EDT 2010

I have several systems out there running various Openswan versions.
They're all built up using Fedora RPMs.  I solved a problem the other
day by installing .tar.gz release of the latest Openswan version on top
of an older version on an older Fedora system and was pleasantly
surprised that everything seemed to work - the new versions of the
Openswan images must have replaced the older ones in the same path.  Or
maybe Openswan has some really slick logic that figures out where the
latest versions are.  I was expecting a long troubleshooting scenario
where I would need to update paths all over the place, but instead it
all just worked.   So I guess I wanted to say thanks.  I'm wondering if
I should upgrade some of my other older versions out there?

-          Greg Scott