[Openswan Users] Newbie help please

Kean Johnston kean.johnston at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 08:47:28 EDT 2010

> Where .43 has two interfaces, runs OpenSWAN, and your LAN is behind that.
> That is, unless the Netgear runs IPsec itself.
Hello Whit,

Thank you for the reply. Setting up another box (which would be required as
all my home systems run Windows) is not possible at the moment, but when I
bought the DG-834 I bought it specifically because it "does" IPsec. The
setup wizard lets me set things like pre-shared keys and all sorts of other
things I don't really grok. So I was hoping to do all the VPN stuff on the
Netgear and not have to change anything else on the current LAN.

Kean