[Openswan Users] [SPAM-HEADER -] - Problem interacting with Cisco ASA - we require peer to have ID '<IP address>', but peer declares '@<peer FQDN>'

Pascal Fuks Pascal at financial-art.be
Thu Jul 22 12:53:01 EDT 2010

Hello,
One question: do you use KLIPS or NETKEY?
anyway, I've got a lot of working systems connected to ASA.
You should not change the secret. The secret must stay with the IP addresses only
aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ddd.ccc.bbb.aaa: PSK "MySuperKey"

Here is a sample working config:

conn Canada
   authby=secret
   pfs=no
   auto=start
   keyingtries=3
   disablearrivalcheck=no
   keyexchange=ike
   ikelifetime=240m
   type=tunnel
   auth=esp
   compress=no
   keylife=60m
   left=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
   leftsubnet=172.16.0/23
   leftnexthop=aaa.bbb.ccc.gwip
   right=ddd.ccc.bbb.aaa
   rightsubnet=172.16.30.0/24
   rightnexthop=ddd.ccc.bbb.gw2ip

In the ASA:
access-list WavreTunnel extended permit ip ddd.ccc.bbb.0 255.255.255.0 aaa.bbb.ccc.0 255.255.255.0
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
crypto map CanadaWavre 20 match address aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
crypto map CanadaWavre 20 set peer aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
crypto map CanadaWavre 20 set transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA
crypto map CanadaWavre interface outside
crypto isakmp enable outside
crypto isakmp policy 10
 authentication pre-share
 encryption 3des
 hash md5
 group 2
 lifetime 86400
tunnel-group aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd type ipsec-l2l
tunnel-group aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd ipsec-attributes
 pre-shared-key MySuperKey