[Openswan Users] Muliple Nat traversal Road Warriors with same addresses

Larry Brown larry.brown at dimensionnetworks.com
Wed Jul 14 11:12:40 EDT 2010

I have a single Road Warrior successfully connecting to a Openswan
gateway and communicating to the subnet behind the gateway securely.
That roadwarrior is behind a firewall allowing all outbound port traffic
and using NAT.  So my roadwarrior has an IP address of 192.168.1.12.

When I get packets from the roadwarrior and when I send packets to that
roadwarrior they are addressed from/to 192.168.1.12.  When another
roadwarrior happens to be behind someone else's firewall and happens to
get 192.168.1.12 I expect I will have a problem.  How can I overcome
this problem with Openswan and IPSEC without using L2tp/ppp or can I?

Larry