[Openswan Users] Openswan AND fortigate 60b Vs Iptables

Ing. Rodrigo Fernandez rfernandez_net at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Jul 7 00:20:04 EDT 2010

Hello pals!

Im again I have read the information of the iproute2 but I didn't get it the
help means that I need to stablish a "static route?

For example:

Route add 10.0.254.0/24 ???

Or how can i handle it? The reason that I want to ping in my gateway its
cause sometimes the tunnel goes down and im writing a very simple
"pingscript" who checks the tunnel up and if the tunnels goes down make all
the ways to reestablish the connection. In the previous thread I sent my set
up of mi iptables and a member of the list, gently suggested the iproute2
what do you think about my "example"? its correct or its more complicated?

Best regards!