[Openswan Users] Old user having troubles with new techniques

Larry Brown larry.brown at dimensionnetworks.com
Thu Jul 1 10:35:41 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 09:54 -0700, Bob Miller wrote:

>> good luck, persistence is key...
>>

>OK, so a test I ran just now was to move my road warrior to connect
>directly to the public network so it was not behind a NATed gateway.
>Pings were picked up and delivered and returned without issue.

>Go figure.  So something in NAT traversal is screwed up?

By the way, just to rule out iptables I flushed all the additions made
in troubleshooting and the packets were still correctly routed.  The only
change necessary outside of the ipsec.conf was setting the proc ip_forward
value to 1.  Other than that, no marking etc.  Now maybe the marking etc
is necessary to get nat traversal working, I don't know.  And I have to get
nat traversal working as 90% of where the roadwarriors will be are going to
be behind NAT devices...