[Openswan Users] mac/windows/linux all working together

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Mon Jan 11 16:24:08 EST 2010

Hi,
Well, it finally happened that one of my few clients that run mac,
windows and linux, has decided that we need all of them to work with the
vpn.
Currently, the vpn on this firewall supports windows over l2tp/ipsec and
linux road warriors.  I started building a net-to-net connection to join
two offices, but before I get that done, I need to add a mac road
warrior.
I have tested this once before, and the floating port thing mac does
breaks the windows l2tp connection, and vice versa, at least on that
conf file.  I am wondering if there is a documented method of making
them all work together, or if anyone has experience they would care to
share.
It occurs to me that I can make two l2tp conns in the ipsec.conf file,
one for the mac and one for windows, but will that confuse the whole
situation, or will the correct connection be picked in the end?
Bob Miller
334-7117/633-3760
http://computerisms.ca
bob at computerisms.ca