[Openswan Users] Metric keyword

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Feb 26 13:27:16 EST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, Aurimas Skirgaila wrote:

> I'm planning to setup VPN failover link using multiple WAN interfaces. Is there any way that I could use the keyword metric=?
>
> Unfortunately, the changelog was the only place I found the this keyword documented. Could you please point me to any other resources?

In the man page for ipsec.conf there is:

        metric
            Set the metric for the routes to the ipsecX or mastX interface. This makes it possible to do host failover from another
            interface to ipsec using route management. This value is passed to the _updown scripts as PLUTO_METRIC. This option is only
            available with KLIPS or MAST on Linux. Acceptable values are positive numbers, with the default being 1.