[Openswan Users] Problem with MacOSX 10.5.8 roadwarriors

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Feb 26 00:02:38 EST 2010

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010, alet at librelogiciel.com wrote:

> I've got aGNU/Linux Openswan 2.4.12

upgrade to 2.4.15 (plus the updated _updown from 2.6 as posted in the
list here before) or upgrade to 2.6.24 (or 2.6.25 soon)

> + xl2tpd 1.2.0,

upgrade to 1.2.4

> and kernel 2.6.26

That you don't need to upgrade :)

> (both standard from Debian Lenny) gateway which correctly accepts both
> Linux and Windows Vista clients with X.509 certificates.
>
> The same client certificate as used under Linux and Windows was used
> under MacOSX for testing purposes, but I couldn't make the VPN
> connection work.

X.509 with OSX is very hard. I've only managed to make it work severely
hacking the keychain to move around certificates. I've not done any
testing for this on Leopard or Snow Leopard.

Perhaps Jacco has updated his l2tp pages with more recent information?