[Openswan Users] L2TP packets being dropped at server

Will Roberts wpr2 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 23 20:23:17 EST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to configure L2TP over IPsec using xl2tp and openswan. I've
tried openswan 2.6.23, 2.6.24, and git master per a suggestion on IRC.
When I bring up the connection both ends report that the IPsec SA
transport mode was successfully established.

At that point if I start my L2TP connection I can see ESP packets
leaving my client and reaching my host by using tcpdump. However the
L2TP daemon doesn't appear to be receiving the packets so the client
times out the connection.

I'm not sure where else to look at this point. Below are the the
configuration files for both client/server as well as a barf with the
connection established.

Client conf: http://www.bws42.com/zztmp/client.ipsec.conf
Client barf: http://www.bws42.com/zztmp/client.barf.txt
Server conf: http://www.bws42.com/zztmp/server.ipsec.conf