[Openswan Users] Migrating to Netkey

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Feb 22 12:19:50 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 20:45 +0530, hiren joshi wrote:
> Hello,

> I am migrating from KLIPS to Netkey (primarily to get IPv6 support).
> I humbly request all Netkey users to share major problems (if any)
> they have observed.

I think the primary one I recall is if you have any 0.0.0.0/0 routes
routing out through the tunnel with a subnet behind the gateway.  You'll
find that the subnet can communicate with the outside world through the
gateway but can not communicate with the gateway unless you add
passthrough conns for your local subnets.  If you've got more than one
local subnet, you need one for each subnet and one for each pair of
subnets.  You will also need 2.6.23 or later.
> Thank you for your time.
> Regards,
> Hiren

Mike