[Openswan Users] Ipsec configuration Lucent VPN Gateway with OpenSwan or others (Lucent IPSec Client 9.2.0 in Windows XP)

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Feb 22 11:56:46 EST 2010

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> Well, so much for THAT theory.  If I set leftprotoport or rightprotoport
> to ANYTHING, it won't load the conn and gives me no error in the logs
> what so ever and the conn does not show up in ipsec auto --status at
> all.  I tried setting rightprotoport=17/500 and leftprotoport=17/500 and

Nono. those options are for the traffic selectors on the inside of the
tunnel, not the port of the outside layer. Eg this is to set the allowed
protocol/port on the inside of the tunnel (often udp/1701 for L2TP connections)

> 17/4500 and even the example from the man page of 17/1701 for l2tp and
> the connection just no longer appears.  No error, no connection.
> Sigh...

What does ipsec auto --add yourname says? And on what version are you? Those
options work fine for setting it for L2TP connections.