[Openswan Users] openswan weird ip routing issue

Randy Wyatt rwyatt at nvtl.com
Tue Feb 16 13:31:48 EST 2010

<snip>
For your example, you'll need something like this:

conn local-0
        authby=never
        rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
        rightrsasigkey=%none
        left=192.168.1.1
        leftsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
        leftrsasigkey=%none
        type=passthrough
        auto=route

Not sure if all that's necessary but you need a type=passthrough and an
auto=route for your local subnet.  It's a netkey thing.

</snip>

Why would I need to define a rightsubnet for a local bypass?

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to make a difference, The only entry we
get in the logs are:

Ipsec__plutonrun: right do something with host case: 0

I can see the following policies listed with (ip xfrm policy)

Src 0.0.0.0/0 dst 192.168.1.0/24
	Dir in priority 2368
	Tmpl src 216.188.XXX.YYY dst 32.XXX.YYY.ZZZ
		Proto esp reqid 16385 mode tunnel

Src 192.168.1.0/24 dst 192.168.1.0/24
	Dir out priority 2344

Src 192.168.1.0/24 dst 0.0.0.0/0
	Dir out priority 2368
	Tmpl src 32.XXX.YYY.ZZZ dst 216.188.XXX.YYY
		Proto esp reqid 16385 mod tunnel

Src 192.168.1.0/24 dst 192.168.1.0/24
	Dir fwd priority 2368
	Tmpl src 216.188.XXX.YYY dst 32.XXX.YYY.ZZZ
		Proto esp reqid 16385 mode tunnel

Regards,
Randy