[Openswan Users] Tunnel initiates to Sonicwall but cannot reach anything inside network

Mike A. Leonetti mleonetti at evolutionce.com
Tue Feb 16 10:59:16 EST 2010

Paul Wouters wrote:

> This log does not match the config above? It claims you have multiple ike= proposals,
> instead of just one?
Actually, that is the config that is used in there.  I don't have
anything set globally...
> If this is on the server itself, you need to add a leftsourceip= or
> use ping -I to ensure packets match your subnet (and not your public ip)
Despite all of the research that I've attempted to do, I'm not sure what
to be setting leftsourceip to.  The 10.10.12.199 address should be on
the remote network that I want to ping through the VPN.

> If the remote server is doing NAT and IPsec, you need to exclude NATing
> IPsec packets.
Ok.  I'll look into it.

> If the remote server is not the default gateway of 10.10.12.199, you might
> need to add some routing to those machines.

It actually should be the gateway, though...