[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN on OpenWRT Kamikaze brcm-2.4?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 3 10:19:47 EST 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, Weedy wrote:

> I've been using and building trunk for a long time (in production, on
> a zero downtime tolerance network). After pulling my head from my ass
> and dropping KLIPS I have had zero problems with brcm2.6 using either
> OpenSWAN 2.4 or 2.6. That said I believe I'm currently using OpenSWAN
> 2.4 because 2.6 has a couple bugs that I hit daily, but they are not
> related to openwrt.

Yes, they use bleeding kernels and it takes us some time to catch up
with those for KLIPS. If NETKEY can work for you, go for it. It will
be much simpler.

Though the best way for openwrt would be to incorporate the OCF patch,
and use KLIPS with OCF. Then on units like the wrt54gs and asus wl500gP
you can use the crypto accelerator thats in the SoC.