[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN on OpenWRT Kamikaze brcm-2.4?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Feb 2 17:31:22 EST 2010

Hi, all.

I've got a number of Linksys WRT series devices in various places acting
as IPSEC VPN endpoints with OpenSWAN running on OpenWRT, and they work
great.  In most cases we're not using the wireless capabilities of the
Linksys units at all.

I now have a situation where I need wireless capability, but would still
like to retain OpenSWAN.

>From what I can tell with the latest Kamikaze build, Broadcom wireless
support is pretty flaky in the 2.6 kernel and it's recommended that the
2.4 kernel be used.  Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an
OpenSWAN package for the brcm-2.4 build.

Is there some reason for this?  I'd prefer to use the newest available
OpenWRT build, but I may be forced to drop back to WhiteRussian in order
to support both OpenSWAN and WLAN functionality.

Nels Lindquist