[Openswan Users] openswan based router?

Bart De Gruyter bdg at link42.net
Mon Dec 20 08:01:05 EST 2010

Hello,

I am looking for a router with an openswan implementation and firewall
built into it.

Currently I am running a pc with a plain linux distro on it, with
openswan. This pc serves as a router/firwall/ipsec system in a SOHO
environment. I would like to replace this pc with a router or if that
does not exist I would like to replace it with a linux pc with low power
footprint and without moving parts. Do you have any suggestions?

I've looked at the DD-WRT website and I have the impression that it
could be hard to setup a system that has openswan on it. Are there
people with good experiences with such a setup and what version are you
running? Which howto document did you follow to set the system up?

Is there an easier/better alternative to DD-WRT, knowing that I want to
keep using openswan?

Kind regards,
Bart De Gruyter