[Openswan Users] Openswan on EC2 - Resolving IP confusions

Hammad raohammad at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 05:19:56 EST 2010

Hi,

Can somebody help to put the pieces of puzzle together for configuring
openswan on EC2;

My Elastic Ip: 59.59.59.59
My EC2 Instance IP: 10.254.254.254
My encryption domain (a virtual interface created to cater dynamic IPs on
EC2 instance/restart persistent): 10.5.5.5/32

Other end public (Using Netscreen/juniper): 202.2.2.2
Other end encrypted domain: 172.7.7.7/32

1) How do I fill in following fields for this connection;
         left=
         leftid=
         leftnexthop=
         leftsubnet=
         right=
         rightnexthop=
         rightsubnet=
         rightid=

2) My EC2 provides me firewall webinterface; do I need to configure my
iptables in that case? for masquerading etc?

Regards,
Hammad