[Openswan Users] DHCP over IPSEC

Cameron Matheson cameron.matheson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 17:05:11 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to use OpenSWAN to connect to a SonicWall VPN appliance.  I
am able to succesfully authenticate, but I fail during STATE_QUICK_I1.
 The error message I get on the client is:

031 "techmedia" #14: max number of retransmissions (2) reached
STATE_QUICK_I1.  No acceptable response to our first Quick Mode
message: perhaps peer likes no proposal

and the error message on the server is:

IKE Responder: WAN GroupVPN policy does not allow static IP for Virtual Adapter.
IKE Responder: IPSec proposal does not match (Phase 2)

I believe this means that the SonicWall VPN wants to assign me an
address.  Is openswan able to support this behavior?

Thanks,
Cam