[Openswan Users] Phase 1 hangs

Erich Titl erich.titl at think.ch
Sat Aug 14 09:12:45 EDT 2010

Am 13.08.2010 15:45, schrieb Michael Smith:
> I've seen ISPs do terrible things with large UDP packets. One of them
> even cut the last 8 bytes off the first fragment.
>
> How much control do you have over the client? You could drop the MTU
> on the interface, or add an override route:
>
> ip route add <central host> via <client's def gw> mtu 1300 advmss 1260

I have sufficient control on the client/initiator of the connection. I
alreday dropped the interface well below the advertised mtu size. Funny
thing, with the market here in Switzerland not having many different
providers, other POP's of this provider work well... but then it might
just be the firmware on one of his routers. I will try to cut down the
size of the packet even more.

Thanks

Erich