[Openswan Users] Setting leftsubnet stops xl2tpd from working

George Pollard george at greenbutton.co.nz
Tue Aug 10 23:53:43 EDT 2010

On 10 August 2010 17:04, Willie Gillespie
<wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com> wrote:
> George Pollard wrote:
>>
>> At the moment I have disabled all firewall rules and have the default
>> -P FORWARD ACCEPT...
>
> May be a stupid question, but is IP forwarding enabled?
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward = 1

Yes, this is set. After further investigation it seems the ping
packets are actually reaching computers on the subnet, but that they
have no ARP table entries for my client.

This is probably not a problem with anything related to this mailing
list any more... :)

- George