[Openswan Users] pluto causes system out of memory when interop with fortiget

Jason Sigurdur jason.sigurdur at aspenview.org
Mon Aug 9 11:03:42 EDT 2010

2.6.20-1.2320.fc5 - openswan-2.4.4-1.1.2.1
Hi, I was in the begining of replacing our 13 linux vpn/routing devices with a fortigate 80c's. I replaced one site with a fortiget and setup 6 ipsec vpn's to other sites.

After about 3-5 days I was getting linux devices  (only ones vpned to the fortigate) that would run out of memory and get a ' pluto invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201d2, order=0, oomkilladj=0' in the logs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

jason