[Openswan Users] Gateways cannot access opposite networks - Openswan NETKEY

Stephen Gregory openswan at kernelpanic.ca
Fri Aug 6 09:15:48 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 07:14:44PM +1200, Ryan Davies wrote:

> Client A can ping and access Server B and Client B
> Client B can ping and access Server A and Client A
>
> Server A cannot ping or access Server B and Client B
> Server B cannot ping or access Server A and Client A

I think you are just missing a server to server conn in ipsec.conf. It
is basically the same as the conn below without the leftsubnet and
rightsubnet directives.

> conn Tunnel-to-Millers
>     type = tunnel
>     auth=esp
>     authby=secret
>     left=a.b.c.d (Server A's Public IP)
>     leftsubnet=192.168.1.0/24
>     right=w.x.y.z (Server B's Pubic IP)
>     rightsubnet=192.168.0.0/24
>     esp=3des-md5
>     rekey=yes
>     keyingtries=3
>     keyexchange=ike
>     auto=start

I don't think you need the "type=" directive.
Why are you using 3des and md5?

> Im not sure if its routing or masquerading or what, when running a

you need to make sure that no IP is masqueraded when the destination
is the other network. OpenSwan should take care of the routing.

--
sg