[Openswan Users] Multiple Subnet Routing

Brian McGrew brian at visionpro.com
Mon Aug 2 17:17:31 EDT 2010

Good day all,

I¹m using openswan-2.6.21-5.el5_4.2 on a couple of ClearOS machines to build
a vpn between two sites.

It¹s almost working, kinda sorta but I think I need to add some additiona
routing somewhere.

On the host side, there are several subnets.  The remote side has one
subnet.

Everyone from the host network can reach the remote network just fine.

>From the remote network, we can reach the subnet that the vpn/firewall is
on, but none of the other subnets.

The host configuration is:

ETH0: public IP and router
ETH1: 10.0.6.2 / 255.255.255.0
GW: 10.0.6.1

The host network is all working fine and the host side can connect to and
see the remote network.

The remote configuration is:

ETH0: public IP and route
ETH1: 192.168.1.254 / 255.255.255.0

The remote network works fine for all local stuff and all internet access.
>From the remote network, we can see the 10.0.6.0 network on the host side
but there are several other subnets at the host that we can not see.

I¹m sure that I just need to add some routes somewhere, but not sure where
to add them and what exactly they should be.

Help?

-brian