[Openswan Users] manual keying problem

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Apr 7 23:38:17 EDT 2010

On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, tutu andrei wrote:

> I am trying to set up a host-to-host connetion using manual keying between two virtual machines but i get the following :
>
>       ipsec_setup: can not load config '/etc/ipsec.conf': /etc/ipsec.conf:102: syntax error, unexpected STRING [spi]

Use automatic keying when using an IKE daemon. If you *really* want manual keying (you don't)
then I suggest using the "ip xfrm" commands directly to insert manual policies into the
kernel.

Those manual keying options have not been implemented by the parser, because the plan was
to completely remove support for manual keying.