[Openswan Users] RES: RES: RES: RES: RES: Openswan with L2TP

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Sep 28 17:53:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Giovani Moda wrote:

> I took a look into it and yes, there are a lot more code in that version
> of the patch. I'm trying to port it from 2.6.16.54-0.2.5 to
> kernel-2.6.18 (Centos 5.3) and kernel-2.6.23 (FC7), but I'm needing some
> guidance.

Sure. It would be nice to see it ported to the centos kernel.

> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.18/linux-2.6.18.i686/net/ipv4/ip_sockgl
> ue.c:206: undefined reference to `ip_cmsg_send_ipsec'
> net/built-in.o: In function `ip_cmsg_recv':
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.18/linux-2.6.18.i686/net/ipv4/ip_sockgl
> ue.c:174: undefined reference to `ip_cmsg_recv_ipsec'
>
>> From what I've been reading, those functions were moved to ipsec_mast.
> In that case, can I just remove those references from the ip_sockglue.c
> patch?

No, those are required. You have to build ipsec inline to the kernel. The
patch does not support building as module yet. So yes, I think you're
trying to build as module, and therefor the kernel code is missing those
functions which are in the KLIPS code that's not being linked now.

> RTA_FWMARK and RTA_FWMARK_MASK on rtnetlink.h, as for the fib_rules.c
> patch, are about iproute2? If so, you mentioned that should not be
> needed. In that case can I take it out of the patch?

I believe so, but it's been a while sine I looked at that code.

> As you can see, I'm way over my head here, but I'm willing to try. Let
> me know if I'm out of scope.

In over once head is always a good learning moment :)