[Openswan Users] DHCP over IPSec

Iker Etxebarria iker.etxeba at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 03:45:36 EDT 2009

2009/9/23 Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com>

> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Iker Etxebarria wrote:
>
>  Does Openswan support DHCP over IPSec?
>>

> Not really. It never became a standard. There are some hacks but nothing
> guaranteeing any kind of interop.
>
>  If the answer is NO, how can I configure my IPSec client to use a fixed IP
>> address of the network I want to connect?
>>

> IPsec+L2TP and using pppd to assign a static ip /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
>
> Any help or manual to configure it? I don't know how to do it.

I have a Linux PC connecting to my network using IPSec against a FortiGate
but I need the client to have an internal IP. I reserved an IP on the DHCP
server of the network for the client but I don't know how to configure my
client to use that IP when I'm connected to the network using IPSec.

Thanks!