[Openswan Users] OpenSwan issue

Jay Smith me at jayftw.com
Tue Sep 15 22:40:04 EDT 2009

Hello,
     So I have a Cisco ASA 5500 series router on one side of the network. On
my side of there is a SLES Server running OpenSwan to connect. We also are
running iptables on the device. This device is our firewall, router, and
gateway as well as our VPN endpoint. The problem we are having is that the
tunnel is up and they can ping our device and nothing else, but we cannot
ping anything on their end. The tunnel is obviously up but we can't figure
out what's happening to the packets. Any ideas?

Jay