[Openswan Users] RES: CentOS 5.3 and klips

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Fri Sep 11 16:03:08 EDT 2009

>> Has anyone been sucessfuly at using klips on redhat based systems?

I have been successful with openswan-2.4.9 on CentOS 5.3 and Fedora5 to
7. Openswan-2.4.10 and forward crashes every Fedora5 box I can put my
hands on when using a net-to-net tunnel, while L2TP/IPSec works
flawlessly. I haven't tested openswan-2.4.15 net-to-net with CentsOS
yet, so I don't know if it will crash the same way as Fedora5 or not. My
guess is not, since kernel 2.6.18 seems to be very compatible with
openswan-2.4.15. Sasa has been successful with openswan-2.6.22 (or
2.6.23 for that matter) KLIPS and openswan-2.4.15 userland on newer
fedora releases. You can seek his instructions on the archives.

If you are planning on using L2TP/IPSec, stick with openswan-2.4.15 for
now. For CentOS it should be a easy task to compile it. If you need
further help, let me know. Maybe I can be of some assistance, since
redhat based systems, openswan and me go a while back. =)

Giovani

signature database 4416 (20090911) __________

http://www.eset.com