[Openswan Users] Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding [FAILED]

Nick Howitt n1ck.h0w1tt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:37:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 2.6.23 and run ipsec verify and I get an
unexpected error:
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [FAILED]

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward gives 1 so I am confused.

If it helps eth0 is my WAN, eth1 is my normal LAN, eth1:0 is a virtual
IP on eth1 to get round a problem I have been having with running
Openswan on a combined gateway/file server, and eth2 is a second, unused
LAN adaptor.

Regards,

Nick

P.S. the issue with %defaultroute and %any I was having has gone away
(but not immediately with the upgrade). I cannot explain why. =-O