[Openswan Users] IPSEC/Pluto terminating

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Sep 7 17:56:50 EDT 2009

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009, Warren Pountain wrote:

> I've downloaded 2.6.22 but before I compile and install will it upgrade
> the existing installation and keep the tunnels already created or will
> in install as new?

Yes.
However, you don't want an rpm install plus a source install, as you'd
end up with two. So you'd have to remove the rpm.

Easiest is to build as rpm.

yum install yum-utils
yumdownloader --source openswan
rpm -hiv openswan-2.6.*.src.rpm
mv openswan-2.6.23dr3.tar.gz /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/
(edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/openswan.spec and update the version number)
rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/openswan.spec

that should build rpms which you can use to upgrade via rpm -Uhv.

I'd recommend 2.6.23dr3 over 2.6.22. It will be released as 2.6.23 tomorrow.