[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.6.22/CentOS 5.3: what should I see when it is working?

Kevin White openswan-kevin at kevbo.org
Tue Sep 1 14:10:22 EDT 2009

And in case anyone in the future cares...the problem was my nat rule.  I
was natting all traffic coming from the internal interface out the ppp0
one, which worked before, but with Netkey, that causes traffic that's
supposed to go to the tunnel to be NATted instead, and nothing worked.

So I had to tighten up that NAT rule and have it not apply to the IP
address range heading out of the VPN.

(Which is why it wasn't showing up as a firewall drop.)

Kevin