[Openswan Users] L2TP/IPSEC responseunencrypted(wasopenswan-2.6.24rc1 NATed MacOS Kernel crash)

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Tue Oct 27 08:41:22 EDT 2009

> Here is a patch to apply on top of the last one so that we only do
this when running klips.  I think it should fix it,  untested though.

It did. Netkey and KLIPS working on the same release now. I'll do some
volume transfers through the tunnels now to test its stability.

> This is probably due to "using and old NAT-T" patch.

Kernel-2.6.18-164.el5 was clean, untouched, out of the box. The only one
I patched was 2.6.18.7.1-128.centos.plus. The behavior was similar on
both of them, so I don't really think that the old NAT-T patch is
causing the oops. But I'll check the patch as instructed and see if
something changes.

> Again,  probably the old - vs - new NAT-T patch problem.

Ubuntu 9.04 has kernel-2.6.28-15, so I never applied an old-style NAT-T
patch on it. It should work without it, right?

Thanks for your help David.

Giovani

signature database 4534 (20091022) __________

http://www.eset.com