[Openswan Users] openswan-2.6.24rc1 NATed MacOS Kernel crash

David McCullough David_Mccullough at securecomputing.com
Sun Oct 25 21:47:54 EDT 2009

Jivin Sven Schiwek lays it down ...
> Paul Wouters wrote:
> > On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Sven Schiwek wrote:
> >
> >> attached you'll find a kernel crash (Kernel 2.6.30.9). It appears when
> >> a NATed MacOS wants to connect to Openswan with xl2tpd. After the
> >> crash the Openswan-system is unreachable and I must do a cold restart.
> >> Has some one else this problem?
> >> Unfortunately I have no Windows machine so I can't reproduce this with
> >> a MS Client, sorry.
> >
> > I believe David is writing a patch for this exact problem, and should
> > hopefully
> > be ready in the next few days to be included in openswan 2.6.24 final.
>
> Ah, good to here this. If you or David have/has a patch and need someone
> for testing please feel free to contact me.

I committed a patch for this on friday,  looks like I forgot to push it :-(
I think more changes are needed yet,  but this makes the code work as
intended without crashing,  not sure if "as intended" gives you a working
natted-l2tp tunnel yet,  feedback appreciated,

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough,  david_mccullough at securecomputing.com,  Ph:+61 734352815