[Openswan Users] Client VPN on Vista OS

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Oct 14 10:05:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Sasa wrote:

> Oct 14 12:09:56 fw pluto[1950]: "left-road"[45] 89.97.x.y #33: Pluto does
> not support HybridInitRSA authentication.  Attribute
> OAKLEY_AUTHENTICATION_METHOD

That looks like something we do not support and might be breaking your
connection negotiation. If this is a software client, it either is configured
for a proprietary ipsec vendor product, or is hardcoded to only allow
talking to a proprietary ipsec vendor product.

There is an unsupported patch for hybrid mode in the contrib/ directory, but
I think that patch was written for openswan as a client, not as a server, so
I am not sure if it can be useful.