[Openswan Users] malfomed payload errors

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Oct 12 11:29:25 EDT 2009

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Geoff Galitz wrote:

>>> openswan-2.6.16-1.49.3 on OpenSUSE 11.1
>
> I just built and upgraded to openswan-2.6.23-1 but the malformed payload
> error remains.

Are you sure that you do not have two openswan installs? One via rpm and
the other via 'make install'?

If you are sure, then the most likely other reason for this is that the PSK
is actually mismatching. This could be a typo, or a different handling of
some kind of special character used in the psk.