[Openswan Users] Question on the Docs

Nick Howitt n1ck.h0w1tt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 13:38:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've seen a number of messages which refer to documentation such as a
recent one from Diego Rivera where he says " From the docs, it smells
like restart is a subset of restart_by_peer.......". My question is
"which docs"? I have looked through all the html docs in
/usr/share/doc/openswan/...... and the only mention of DPD is in
ipsec.conf(5) which does not mention the option restart_by_peer for
dpdaction, so there must be some other documentation somewhere, but where?

BTW, there is an error with the DPD documentation in ipsec.conf(5). If
you use dpddelay, dpdtimeout is now mandatory and vice-versa. The conn
will fail to load with an error message if only one of the options is
present.

Thanks,

Nick