[Openswan Users] help with multiple ip addresses

Rodney McKee rmckee at aconex.com
Sun Oct 4 17:35:25 EDT 2009

Hello,

I've been trying to setup openswan to use an alias/virtual interface so it can fail-over between 2 firewalls.
eg:
bond0 has ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
bond0:0 has ip address yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy <- this is the ip/interface I want to be using.

The error I'm seeing on startup is:
multiple ip addresses, using xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on bond0
where xxx... is not the IP address I'm hoping to use.

The systems are RHEL5.4 so using openswan/pluto/netkey.
I have the tunnels working well between the primary ip addresses but would really like to sort out this configuration issues.

Thanks in advance

Rodney McKee