[Openswan Users] DES support in Openswan-2.6.20

venkat m whenkey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:45:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am sending this mail after spending close to a week trying to get 1DES
working in Openswan-2.6.20.

I got the options to set in Openswan-2.6.20/Makefile.inc from the link
mentioned below:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pld-cvs-commit@lists.pld-linux.org/msg182052.html

Even with the above changes, I am not able to establish an IKE connection
with encryption algo set to DES.

Please find attached a zip file containing the details I could gather.

>From the logs, I could make out that pluto is throwing the error:
requested kernel enc ealg_id=2 not present

Appreciate any input that will help me resolve this.

Thanks,
whenkey