[Openswan Users] Why does ipsec try to unload KLIPS

Mauro Gatti mauro.list at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 17:45:04 EST 2009

Hi all,
I build ipsec with ipsec.ko modules to enable KLIPS stack.
-I can load successfully ipsec.ko with modprobe command.
-I can verify that klips are installed with
[root at green ~]# ipsec --version
Linux Openswan 2.6.23 (klips)
See `ipsec --copyright' for copyright information.

but when i try to start ipsec with:
[root at green ~]# service ipsec start
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 2.6.23...
ipsec_setup: Warning: found KLIPS/MAST stack loaded
ipsec_setup: Trying to unload KLIPS/MAST module:

it unloads KLIPS loading NETKEY

[root at green ~]# ipsec --version
Linux Openswan U2.6.23/K2.6.18-128.7.1.el5xen (netkey)
See `ipsec --copyright' for copyright information.

Why does it do that?

Thank You

Regards

Mauro