[Openswan Users] both are NATed: xp vs vista

Eray Aslan eray.aslan at caf.com.tr
Tue Nov 17 08:20:14 EST 2009

On 17.11.2009 14:50, Marc Fisher wrote:
> hi,
> I see you were able to connect NATed windows client to openswan with
> NETKEY, I've been trying to do this for weeks.
> Could you please provide some details on how you managed to do this
> (preferably config)? Are you using certs or psk?

x509 certs.  Only CN is different in the certificates.  Please note that
this is openswan 2.4.15.  I believe you need 2.6.24rcX to connect natted
windows clients to openswan server in the openswan-2.6 branch.  Anyway:

/etc/ipsec/ipsec.conf:
version 2.0

config setup
        nat_traversal=yes
virtual_private=%v4:10.0.0.0/8,%v4:192.168.0.0/16,%v4:172.16.0.0/12,%v4:!10.0.0.0/24
        nhelpers=0

conn l2tp-X.509-outside
        authby=rsasig
        pfs=no
        auto=add
        rekey=no
        left=your.ip.add.ress
        leftrsasigkey=%cert
        leftcert=/etc/ipsec/ipsec.d/certs/mycert.pem
        leftprotoport=17/1701
        right=%any
        rightca=%same
        rightrsasigkey=%cert