[Openswan Users] Routing behind a Switch

JT Edwards tstrike34 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:35:41 EST 2009

Paul and list:

I have converted a friend from racoon to Openswan.

Here is the situation we have

Openswan gateway  - 10.0.1.239

NAT router 10.0.1.1 / 22.22.23.25

Next Hop 22.22.25.45

Connect to the remote site

We have the tunnel up and running. We are able to to ping from every machine
in the remote subnet to the Openswan server, however, we are unable to ping
or communicate with the rest of the 10.0.1.0 subnet. None of the gaming
machines from the 10.0.1.0 subnet can talk to the remote site

I have the following ipsec.conf I rewrote for him:

conn gaming-2-backoffice

        type=tunnel

        aggrmode=no

        compress=no

        rekey=yes

        pfs=yes

        authby=secret

        left=10.0.1.239

        leftid=10.0.1.239

        leftsourceip=10.0.1.239

        leftnexthop=22.22.25.45

        leftsubnet=10.0.1.0/24

        right=90.122.33.44

        rightid=90.122.33.44

        rightnexthop=90.113.22.1

        rightsourceip=192.168.1.1

        rightsubnet=192.168.1.0/24

        auto=start

Did I miss something?

All the best,

JT

PS I will have that doc done been busy with other projects.

JT Edwards
Senior Solutions Architect (Automation and Service Management)
IBM Tivoli Certified
Direct: 281-226-0284
Direct: 512-772-3266
Follow Me: 1866-866-4391 ext 1