[Openswan Users] KLIPS crashes on kernel 2.6.25>

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Tue Nov 3 08:06:36 EST 2009

> We have a target here running on 2.6.29 (and .30 or .31 IIRC) that is
not
> using OCF.  It is using the kernel crypto API though.  You could try
that
> option.

I've managed to get openswan-2.6.24rc1 klips module to use Kernel crypto
API, and no more crashes. I'm currently connecting a Windows XP SP2 to
Ubuntu 9.04, kernel-2.6.28, using klips module and NAT-T. It seems to
resolve even the instability issue. I'll do some volume transfers now,
but on a very basic test, the server is not rekeying all the time as it
did with native crypto.

Looking good so far. Do you need more info?

Thanks,

Giovani

signature database 4568 (20091103) __________

http://www.eset.com