[Openswan Users] L2TP and OpenSWAN 2.6.x (was: openswan 2.4.14 + xl2tpd)

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri May 29 13:41:42 EDT 2009

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Reza ISSANY wrote:
>
>> Few weeks ago, I had a problem with the last openswan (2.6.21) and xl2tpd.
>> Someone told me that this version has a bug with nat-t and advice me to use the 2.4.14 of
>> openswan version.
>
> correct.

Is there any progress on this issue?  I had the same problem; upgraded
to 2.6.21 and L2TP users were unable to connect.  Logs showed the
transport SA coming up fine, but xl2tpd logs showed nothing at all.
Rolled back to 2.4.14 and everything is working fine again (though of
course there's no saref stuff working, which was the motivation for
upgrading to 2.6.x).

Nels Lindquist