[Openswan Users] strange openswan 2.6 errors

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon May 11 09:23:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 09:01 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>
> >> No luck also with left and rightid=%fromcert. Result is the same.
> >
> > 	Oh, one thing I noticed playing with this...  These are order
> > dependent.  Make sure you declare rightid=%fromcert AFTER you declare
> > rightrsasigkey=%cert and you can't declare rightid=%fromcert in the
> > default and then declare the rightrsasigkey=%cert in the conn.  Same
> > goes for left* as well.

> that would be odd. What are the effects you see? Can you give a plutodebug=all
> log with both cases loaded to show the difference?

	This was from several cycles back when we were looking at this tracking
down some bugs.  I was experiencing that problem with it expecting the
IP address and you first told me about the *id=%fromcert option.  It
didn't work at first (had no impact, symptoms didn't change) because I
stuck the option at the top of the conn definition in one connection but
another one was working where it was lower down.  I reordered the conn
definition and it worked.  After than, I just made it a point.  This was
so long ago at this point, I'd probably need to go back in retest to see
if it's still a problem.

> Paul

	Mike