[Openswan Users] strange openswan 2.6 errors

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon May 11 08:19:52 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 10:38 +0200, Marek Greško wrote:
> Dňa Ut 24. Február 2009 ste napísali:
> > On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, Marek Greško wrote:
> > > I cannot get Fedora's openswan-2.6.19-1.fc10 to connect to
> openswan 2.4.
> > > It complains about:
> > >
> > > we require peer to have ID 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xx', but peer declares
> 'C=SK,
> > > ......'
> > >
> > > I have left and right set to public ip addresses and leftid
> rightid to
> > > subject dn on both sides. I am almost sure certificates are loaded
> > > properly.
> > >
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > On the 2.6 side, use leftid=%fromcert
> >
> > Paul

> No luck also with left and rightid=%fromcert. Result is the same.

	Oh, one thing I noticed playing with this...  These are order
dependent.  Make sure you declare rightid=%fromcert AFTER you declare
rightrsasigkey=%cert and you can't declare rightid=%fromcert in the
default and then declare the rightrsasigkey=%cert in the conn.  Same
goes for left* as well.

> --
> Marek Greško

	Mike