[Openswan Users] Connecting OpenSwan on EC2 Fedora8 to Cisco ASA/PIX

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Mar 14 13:11:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Nils Pommerien wrote:

> I am experimenting with Amazon's EC2 cloud and I have successfully established a tunnel

Last time I checked this for a customer of ours, we had to forceencaps=yes since ESP packets
did not make it out, and there is some strange NAT'ing/portforwarding happening.
Also, the EC2 kernel became pretty unstable under load when NETKEY was used. This is
a known problem with the EC2 linux kernel, but they did not offer an updated version.

So it should work, look for configuration problems (eg ipsec verify)